Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pray for...

Do you ever feel as though your prayers seem hollow? Like you have a list of thanks and please and it never seems to get smaller? Does this even make sense?
So I have been thinking about how prayers are answered and how it always works out just right. It's often easy to have this knowledge when things are going smooth BUT it gets harder to recognize the silver lining when all you see is the tarnish.
Well below are some things I am especially gratefull for right now!
* Rain- wow we have had a ton and that means I don't have to water the lawn or garden! YAY!
* Medication- how would it be to have no relief from illness EVER. Glad I live NOW.
* Flowers- thanks to the previous owners the yard is in bloom and it is a joy to experience. Peonies and irises, columbines & roses, fresh strawberries and clematis.
* Space- how nice it is to have space. To have room for everyone and to be able to see your junk and get rid of it.
* Spouse- Ryan is an amazing man who I hope gets enough credit from me for how outstanding he is.
* Kids- who knew my greatest trial could also be my greatest blessing. Four brilliant and loving children who work hard and learn tons all while teaching more then I will ever teach them.
* Spirituality- nothing keeps my mind going more than studying and learning about my purpose. I need this more than food, this is the air for my soul and keeps me from feeling useless. Thank goodness that I was blessed with this gift of curiosity about the Plan of Salvation

1 comment:

Cara said...

Thank you for the reminder that we have the greatest blessings amidst our struggles! I love your list!