First, my family tree. I stole this idea from IKEA and my wonderful friend made it a reality. I love this. I haven't finished because I want pics from every side of the family- well at least the 4 grandparents lines- and Riley had a baby but she said she could help add a few leaves and some shading. Anyway the smallest frames are actually CHRISTMAS ornaments from Hobby Lobby. I couldn't find the exact same frame in every size so I just went with a wood-like theme for the frames.
Here is the IKEA version again:

Second, my old window frame. I LOVE OLD STUFF! You know antique items, people, just about anything old except FOOD- ick! So I wanted something on this wall but I was afraid if I hung a picture that it would get faded since there is a window just to the right of this wall. So I grabbed this frame that I bought as a set of two and hung it on the wall. I think it is awesome and maybe one day I will get the project for the other window frame that has glass done.
Next, my monogram project. So I love the ideas of monograms. I don't know why but maybe it is just another simple way to include my family history obsession in my life. So I found a letter "N" that I liked and printed it out. It was a little grainy so I just went over it with a permanent marker cut it out with an exacto knife and glued to a pre-cut piece of clue scrapbook paper. Add a frame and voila another cool item for my home. YAY!
Last but most important is my wall of what matters most. My family is my greatest obsession. I live for them- past, present & future. I have tons more pictures to hang and if I can find or get a vinyl phrase made that sums up this wall it will go at the tippy top. So wish me luck that I won't fall off a ladder and further bust my body. It is fun to feel like this home is MY home. Maybe next I'll be able to show my drapery that I am making, some pillow covers, my patriotic themed front room and possibly a bathroom or three. That's if my kids don't drive me insane-er before then.
4 comments:
Cute! How fun!
Glad you're having fun sis! Can't wait to see your place for reals! LOVE YOU!
Love the tree wall! Doesn't decorating make you feel happy! Good job!
How fun! I loved it all & plan on using your ideas. Thanks! -Fenna
Post a Comment