He has been here for bedtime and bath time. He has helped chauffeur and referee. He has made dinners and done dishes. He has cleaned toilets and lifted heavy things. He has been my knight in shining armor!
It's amazing how much you don't realize that you do until someone else is able to help.


But now that time is over. (This is not the reason to smile.) As we finished dinner together we said a family prayer and he was off to the airport. There were dishes to do and food to put away. There were kids to get ready for bed and lunches to prepare.
And then the call came.....The call that lets you know you chose the right person....The one where he says the exact right thing to help you get through the week.
(On the drive to the airport)
"I miss you already. I started crying as I left. I wish I didn't have to go."
That's when I remember he hates being gone just as much as I hate having him gone. That my friends is my reason to smile.
2 comments:
Yes it my dear!!! Love you!!!
I know EXACTLY how you feel. My husband and I have learned over the years to absolutely treasure those little stretches of time that he gets to spend at home. 6 or 8 weeks in a row is a rarity and a true blessing. I hate it when he's gone but I never want to get use to him being gone. I want to keep missing him and I want him to keep missing me. Does that make sense? You may understand. Most people don't.
Post a Comment