Saturday, January 7, 2012

Marathon

So right now life is a marathon...more precisely a marathon being run backwards. You see I think that if you can see where you're going that takes the biggest obstacle out of a marathon but life isn't that way- at least not mine.
I see life right now as a whole pile of options with unknown outcomes. Certainly an amount of certainy can be found in some things but generally the unkown is the prevailing theme. For example, my hubby will graduate with his MBA soon. This in no way ensures a higher pay grade, better job or anything other than student loan bills- that is a certainty.
It's not that I worry a ton about the uncertainty but like that backwards marathon things can be tricky. I don't know if there is an uphill climb or a downhill slide. I am unable to know if there will be a rock in the road or a hole. Will I fall apart on the course or will I find an inner strength that helps me cross the finish line?
With this new year and new goals I am just trying to accept that the uncertainty is CERTAIN! Embracing this crazy life where fair is a four-lettered word is the main goal and if I can do that maybe a marathon being run backwards is the best way to run one. You at least get to see where you have been and appreciate it for what it is/was.
So on with the marathon....

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Of course you will cross the finish line, and in better shape than you think, I am sure!
I hate uncertainty. I like to plan and prepare and things never work out the way I think they should. I hate it, but things still work out. I guess that's what should matter more.
I like your comparison though. How different things would be if we always knew what was next! And not necessarily for the better all the time, either.
Good luck! I know you'll win. :0)