Monday, May 2, 2011
San Antonio
So because I have super spectacular husband I was afforded the great opportunity to go to San Antonio this past weekend for a women's conference as well as to visit some of the historic sites. He was so inspired to send me a day early as well. Because I was able to get in earlier I had a day where I was totally alone. It was nice to be alone with myself and to see the beautiful missions of San Antonio.
As I walked through these amazing areas I realized how sacred each of these locations were. The history and my walk through time were an amazing testament to the people who have resided in this area since long before the American Revolution. It is amazing that these missions are still active parishes of the Catholic church and that mass is said there weekly. Descendants of the original parishioners still live and worship in the area.
The Alamo was astounding as well. It is amazing that around 200 men- mostly NOT from Texas- were able to hold off 20,000 troops from the Mexican Army for 13 days. To be able to visit another U.S. Shrine within the year is an honor. (The first was Pearl Harbor.) The people who died there were defending more than an obscure outpost but the very freedom that we all take for granted from time to time.
I was also able to have my dear friend & my sister join me in San Antonio for Time Out for Women. I have been able to attend this conference when it has come to Denver in years past but this year Ryan will be gone when the conference is here. It is not that the presenters tell me things I don't already know, it's more like they remind me and allow me to have a new perspective.
Between the missions, the conference and my company I was blessed with a great, all be it brief, weekend away. I owe it all to my super awesome husband who KNOWS that sometimes girls night is not enough. Sometimes I need just a bit more....Thanks dear....you rock!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! Glad you had fun! Pictures are amazing, and that bathroom story...
Post a Comment