Monday, May 16, 2011

Little Black Dress

This piece of necessary wardrobe wear seems to be the hardest piece to find to fill my closet. At times I have owned a black dress; sometimes little, sometimes not so much. For one reason or another though I have become slightly obsessed but unwilling to settle. I am to the point where if I am going to spend money on something I want to LOVE it.
I have been pouring over images and catalogs. I constantly check the racks at Goodwill. I lust at Nordstrom but nearly faint over the cost.
Where can I find the perfect LBD? I know what I want but where can I get it? I am no good at sewing but it is becoming tempting.
I mean I love this one:

But of course it was already SOLD :(
I have looked at vintage and modesty sights all over the internet.
More that I have lusted over:




Who knows if I will find one that I LOVE and if I don't that's OK. I just wish that the styles that I love were more readily available but lets face it, it's not the 1940s or 50s and the little back dress that I long for may be impossible to find. Alas I will move on BUT if you see one that might not break the bank or make me look too frumpy give me a shout out!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I like your background! LOVE these! If you fobd a good pattern, we could try and sew it! I am not that great but would be willing to help (as long as the pattern had more than one good style- or you were willing to share!) :0)

Cara said...

Have you tried Shabby Apple? It is my fav!