Monday, December 27, 2010

Whew!

Well Christmas is over! THANK GOODNESS!
As predicted it was once again too much. Next year one gift! One meat! One side! One dessert!
Instead we had four meats ( turkey- whole & breast, ham, roast beef & freshly shot goose). Sides- dirty rice, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, Butternut squash, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, green beans, veggie tray and cheese and crackers....anyone ready to be overly stuffed. Oh wait, then there was dessert. Red velvet cake- three layers, pumpkin pie, mince meat pie with custard, short bread, cheese cake and fruit cake.
This is what happens when you try to please everyone and in the end no one is all that happy and you are just exhausted! So I am done with big Christmases. I think a turkey sandwich will work from now on. In fact I think that I will celebrate Christmas in June and then it's over with. This way I can celebrate the birthday we have on the 29th of Dec with a little more joy.
So here is to my Christmas decorations being down already and to a new year of minimalism. Maybe one day I will enjoy Christmas but for now I will take surviving it.