Friday, December 31, 2010

They Don't Make 'em Like They Used To


So I LOVE old movies. I love black and white and classics and epics. Recently I finally sat down and watched ALL of Cleopatra with Elizabeth Taylor. It was stunning. I had seen bits and pieces over the years but never the full 4.25 hours. (Nothing like being sick to get something done.) It, like The Ten Commandments, Gone With the Wind and Ben Hur, was literally amazing. Never again will movies like these be made. It's too easy to insert a computer generated image or computer generated extras. Never again will the gist be brought across without gruesome violence and gratuitous sex. Never again will we be able to watch a movie about slavery, adultery, war, etc., etc. without being exposed to just too much.
Alas the old adage that less is more is once again ignored!

No comments: