May I just say that Mary Poppins was/is great. Even after being vomited on* and holding a child that was sick for 2+ hours this show made me laugh, smile, and yes even cry.
Ah, motherhood.
* So about 10 minuets before the show starts William crawls into my lap and cuddles up. I should have known then this was not a good thing. HE begins the pre-vomit convulsing and promptly vomits all over himself and me in the balcony. Thankfully others were spared and I was only humiliated and not mortified! Luckily the staff donated garbage bags to the cause- one for his clothes ( yes he was down to the diaper) & one for the second round that came shortly before intermission. Yes we stayed. And William slept through the second act. So there you have it! Next time you kids are squirmy in public just pause and think at least they aren't vomiting on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment