Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lucky PENNY


Well we finally did it. We got a dog. Since a baby is out of the question a puppy was the best alternative. We thought that we had a much cheaper option but due to a broken leg that puppy was not meant to be and the search was on for our Penny.
For years Ryan was unrelenting about wanting a "hunting" dog- specifically a German Shorthair. I wasn't opposed but I wanted a family dog first and hunting dog second. I have always loved Labs and I love chocolates, so only natural to want a chocolate lab. I wanted a female too because I wanted the smallest version possible.

After years of debate and consulting outside sources Ryan was finally convinced that a lab would be a good choice for us. He researched pedigree and price, kennels & breeders and finally found one.
So after skiing last Saturday, Ryan and Michael drove to Fruita, Colorado and brought home our little girl. She is so much fun and the kids have been so good about cleaning up after her and learning about what she needs. Hopefully she will be as good at hunting as she is at being a part of our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's adorable!!