OK... I have a confession to make. With a new house comes a desire to decorate. I do not pretend to have much natural ability for this but somehow it is beginning to fall into place, and it has been less than a year.
It also helps that Ryan is handy and that I have my friend Riley to advise me before I make any disastrous design decisions. I probably don't follow the rules when it comes to decorating but who cares - I like it.
The best thing I have done is when I find an idea I like I take a picture or steal said idea and tweek it to my own desire. Like I saw this one family tree idea at IKEA and I had to do it. Riley came over and away we went. It is awesome and although I am not finished it is the focal point of our family room.
I also attribute most of all the internet and those awesome decor blogs that are out there. There are just numerous ideas that I have been able to get inspiration and impliment in my home. I just think that this has saved me tons in time and money. I have bought NO magazines and accumulated no library fines. There is now nothing to throw away and no excess paper lying around. I am so thrilled that I can get ideas without having to use my budget for that instead of the pictures I want printed or the fabric I need.
So here is my salute to online decor blogs. Thanks for the money saving ideas! (Go ahead. Try it.)
1 comment:
So I'm curious to see the family tree idea from IKEA. You'll have to send me the link. Or post a picture when you complete it at your house.
Post a Comment