Saturday, June 21, 2014

Growing up is hard- Especially for Mom

In March, Clyde -AKA #1 son- competed in a state competition for the Technology Student Association. We promised him that if he won at state we would try to send him to Washington D.C.
He did....So we did.

Clyde is a very good young man. He is studious and smart. He is kind and conscientious. He is brilliant and industrious.
He also has a great advisor in Mark Klune and I was certain he'd be fine.

BUT. He is 13!
And the National competition was is Washington D.C.
THIS IS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY! He also doesn't possess- nor will he- a cell phone. 
The upside is that he placed in 3 of the events he competed in:
First place, TEAMS Tech Bowl for Middle School- think Jeopardy for technology information.
Second place, STEM Animation- Middle School
Third place, Problem Solving- Middle School.


In the end it was OK, but it made me realize that I have 3 sons and they don't communicate like daughters and  I only have 4 summers left with the #1 son. 

Growing up is hardest on Moms and no one knows that a part of you just aches when that baby who lived inside of you for 9 months is now taller than you are :(

Luckily, I have always tried to embrace each moment I have and not take for granted the fact that I can't recapture their childhood.



No comments: