October
November
December
January
February
March....When February hit my hubby made a decision. "We gotta get you to some sun!"
Thankfully he knows.
Unfortunately we couldn't go until April!
Fortunately, I have a sister who agreed to take the kids and the dog while we were away.
In our search for affordable sunshine we went to Cabo San Lucas. Although it is VERY touristy we had a car and traveled around the southern end of the Baja Peninsula.
The best part was spending half a day fishing on the Pacific Ocean. Ryan was fly fishing- that is no easy feat! I was spin casting. I landed a Sierra, had a Yellowfin Tuna on, but it spit out my hook just as I was about to land it.
Ryan's best experience was while reeling in a fish when an enormous seal jumped out of the water bearing his teeth at us then the seal ripped the fish in half leaving Ryan to reel in the remaining head of his catch :(
Although the day was not a win- as far as fishing goes- it was a ton of fun and I look forward to fishing more with my hubby in the future.
We snorkeled and visited Cabo Plumo National Marine Park in the Sea of Cortez. We saw the Hotel California in Todos Santos and chased the sunset. We visited La Paz and San Jose del Cabo.
No matter how much I think I know how important spending time with my spouse is somehow I am always surprised by the fact that we actually still enjoy each other. After 16 years together life can get in the way but these trips are necessary!
Ryan at L'Arco, Lands End!
Sunset Todos Santos





No comments:
Post a Comment