A couple of weeks ago at church someone asked me what I liked to do when I wasn't unpacking.
I was stumped. I really had no answer. I don't love scrapbooking, or even sewing. (I do it but it doesn't fill me with joy.) I like to cook but then I get fat(-ter) because I like to eat more. I like reading but that seems lame. I don't play an instrument & my singing is mediocre at best. I LOVE my dead people (genealogy/family history) but that's not really a group activity.
This led to more questions on my part. Who am I? What am I doing?
Will I become a disaster when my kids start leaving home in t minus 6 years?
Right now I have really nothing that I do. I don't go to a gym anymore. To expensive or too far. NO book club. No girls night out. Nothing that is me or mine or what have you. I barely even leave the house because I have nowhere to go really and the boxes still beckon.
So making it harder than having no one that I really know is that I don't even know myself. I don't know what I like, I don't know my favorite color and I don't DO anything really.
What am I supposed to be learning? Patience? (Well, duh.) That this is what I prayed for- a better job, and a husband home and the loneliness is just part of it? I don't know.
When I explore things that I think I might like to do the guilt of the time and money it would take to accomplish these things just makes it worse.
I was talking to my hubby about this the other day. And because he is so AWESOME he wants to fix this. But the thing is that fixing infers broken and it is super hard to accept that one is broken. I know that I am not the first and will not be the last to be lost like this but it still STINKS!!
Hopefully the boxes will be done soon and the holidays will be over and I can settle into figuring out who I am and what I need to do. Until then I just gotta get through the laundry and lunch.
1 comment:
Someone asked me this the other day. What do you do in your free time? I was stumped... What do I do? Lay around...be pathetic. I USED to do a lot...but what now?
You could say something like, "I'm in the begining stages of recreating myself!"
Post a Comment