You know how it goes the routine mental breakdown, kids sports, slight bout with depression, sick children, Nursery at church, husband in graduate school, taking classes, babysitting, helping Eagle Scouts, genealogy jobs, kids music, spouse sick, getting ready for a wedding, getting ready for graduation, planning our summer.....And then their is the usual stuff too. You know: laundry & bills & dishes & sleep & bathing & cooking & sleeping & driving & exercising ......
Somewhere in the midst of it all life just happens. The 11 year old is actually helpful- without being nagged, the 8 year old folds laundry, the 5 year old whines a little less and the 4 year old picks up a new word: AWKWARD.
Maybe one day I will actually learn to chill out and enjoy motherhood. Sometimes I get glimpses of what being a happy mom is all about and then schedules and life interfere and the stress rears it's ugly face and bam!
I get a migraine and feel like crying and screaming and napping all at once.
No it is not a rational reaction BUT until my insurance covers lobotomies here we stand.
And here I have to face that my children are great but their mom needs work. I can just hope that my efforts don't mess them up too much because lets face it, I can only afford so much therapy and I am at the front of that line....
So here is to our coming summer and an almost certain mental breakdown but hey everybody is a little nuts I am just admitting it.
1 comment:
I can really relate to this today...after my own mini breakdown. Did I mention that I think we are the same person sometimes?
Post a Comment