Sunday, February 19, 2012

11


So my first-born is 11 now...This is:
scary
intimidating 
fun
amazing
crazy

This kid is my buddy.
He is super responsible and is now the go to babysitter in our home.
(He even asked to take a babysitting course.)
He is only a few inches from being as tall as I am.
He loves skiing & music & books & technology & swimming & football & his dog & Boy Scouts........
OH and he may eat us out of house and home and still be a stick!

A while ago he asked if he was an over-achiever.
I just smiled and said YES.
I explained that it's only natural since his dad and I are
&
I'd much rather he be this way than LaZy.

Sure he can drive me nuts BUT he is one of the best things in my life.
HE works hard and tries hard.
He wants justice and tries to overcome his challenges and when he doesn't he has learned to take the consequences and roll with them.
He is super mature and understands that he'll never be like or have what others have...
BUT
he also knows that that is OK
&
that all the extra stuff can't make up for the time we get together.

You are amazing.
I hope that in the few remaining years we have in this stage you will:
 still hold my hand when we cross the street;
play with your brothers;
share secrets with your sister;
talk with your father;
honor your elders;
love deeply;
imagine infinitely;
AND
ABOVE ALL
become the man I know is in there!





1 comment:

Steve and Julie said...

Ohhhh! What a handsome man! It goes sooo fast...