Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Too Fast

As I contemplate what is most important in life I look at this picture
and I realize that these instances outweigh any other thing I will ever do.
I can't get my babies back and I can't have anymore.
I can't capture the wonder of feeling a baby kick or seeing a first step.
I can never get the first day of Kindergarten back or the accomplishment
of a hard piece of music perfected.

I CAN:
Hold them tighter
Enjoy the good & ignore the not so good
Teach them responsibility
Empower them
Tell them I love them until they believe it
Show them that being a good mom isn't about perfection or guilt trips
but it's about being present; even when it's hard.

Kids I am here for you.
Not because I have to be but because I want to be.
The best memories I have are with you.
I am trying everyday to be the mom that you deserve.
Sure I am not perfect but I am trying.
Maybe one day you will know that!

This image will forever be burned in my memory.
A testament that they are moving forward,
no matter how much I want them to stop!
A reminder that they do have each other and they love each other.
A moment of peace and happiness that makes the hard times a bit easier.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Love this! You put it beautifully.

Steve and Julie said...

Those kids are lucky to have you for a mom!!!