Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer Reflection

As school let out at the beginning of June I had such high hopes for summer. Alas I and my children are mortal and not every minute thing went right. But all in all memories were made and a few tears were shed. Bones were broken and mended. I think this quote sums up my summer, if not life in general:

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things.
Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.
Doctor Who, Vincent and the Doctor
I told ya that there was a broken arm. Little William busted it right before we headed to Wyoming and Idaho for a week. Perfect timing!

WYOMING:




We also were able to attend a beautiful wedding in Idaho. My parents came up to see us from Utah and we were able to see grandparents/great-grandparents.

HICKS Great-grandparents

Cute Family

Hicks Family

Grandpa Baron & J

Four Generations

Poor P-nut missed out on swimming lessons because of his arm :(



And before we knew it August was here and the kids were all in school. (P-nut is in preschool, 2 days a week.)
P-nut & his best bud

Ready for preschool

First day of school!

So that was just about it...or was it???

No comments: