Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Perspective

So this is the house I grew up in for the bulk of my childhood (1985-1995ish).

This home has 3 bedrooms & 1 bathroom for a grand total of 1041 square feet.
When I saw that the house was this small
(it is currently for sale so this is how I discovered this)
I was floored.
I guess that being a child everything just seemed bigger-
except the ONE bathroom.
(It may be time to mention that there were 2 adults and 5 children
who lived in this home.)
Granted my parents paid under $50K for this house--currently listed at $105K-but still this place is tiny. I thought that my first home was small at about 1440 sq ft. No way.
HOWEVER
Learning this makes me appreciate exactly where I came from.
It was way humbler than I had remembered.
It was simple and had a yard and we had fun here.
The Pecan tree in the front yard gave us pecans to grab during
Hurricane Andrew.
The ditch gave us an instant pool when it rained.

SO we were happy and when we weren't it was OK.
This house was made a home by chaos and craziness and I hope that wherever I live can feel the same way for my kids one day.

(BTW thanks Cherie for letting me know that it was for sale.)

1 comment:

Frances M Larrabee said...

You forgot one thing... Your baby sister was born in that house! :P Love you big sis!