
So in one week 2 of my best friends and I are going to CHICAGO to see another super awesome friend. Now we have been planning this trip since we found out that our friend was moving to Chicago. Now that we are actually going we have gotten a bit of negative Karma about it.
It's like people think our husbands are completely inept at parenting our collective 10 children.
SERIOUSLY!
These three men are college graduates, successful in their fields, awesome husbands & fathers, and completely competent. I would go so far to say that because they are such awesome husbands they fully encouraged this trip(mine demanded that I go). And if they aren't assuming that our husbands aren't up to being full-time parents then they must feel that we are less than stellar mothers/wives for going.
To that I give a big fat RASPBERRY :P
We will be better wives and moms for going. I know for one I will appreciate that my husband recognized that he gets to go to many interesting places while on business trips while I get to shuttle kids in the car and eat leftovers and do the mundane.
Thanks babe for being conscientious enough to see that one weekend with the girls is what I need to endure weeks without you. Thanks for realizing that I am a person and not just a wife and mom. Thanks for encouraging this because lets face it, I would have never gone without you totally planning this and talking it up!
So in one week I will be in CHI-town and my kids will be safe at home with dad! CHICAGO here we come!
5 comments:
Yeah for competent dads! Who cares if the house is a mess and kids don't match! I CAN'T WAIT EITHER!!! I NEED A GIRL TRIP TOO!!! Chicago is a great place and this is the best time of year to be here!
YEAH FOR COMPETENT DADS!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I NEED GIRL TIME TOO! Chicago is a fantastic place to explore and be "HUMAN AGAIN!"
PERFECT TIME OF YEAR HERE!!!
Whoever is giving you a hard time is either jealous or very old-fashioned. Sheesh.
Have a fabulous time and take loads of pictures! Chicago is so much fun.
Ryan really is an awesome guy for you! Glad you get to go sis! I love you!
So excited for you! it sounds like you will have a lot of fun. no worries about the kids and yay for great husbands! my husband is the same way. he encourages me to take opportunities like that when i can. doesn't happen often so don't ruin the fun by worrying about it. have a great time
Post a Comment