Find nobility in motherhood and joy in womanhood
This morning I have had this quote going through my mind as the following occurred:
Puppy pooped in bed
Three year old breaks a dozen eggs
Nine year old doesn't listen
Six year old doesn't want to brush hair
I have come to the conclusion that I have to FIND the nobility and joy.
The joy doesn't just happen.
If/when it does if I am not finding it then I'll miss it.
With the passing of Mother's Day on Sunday I have realized that motherhood is the hardest job that anyone will ever do or want to do.
So much of what we do is ignored or just expected and therefore NOT appreciated.
No one will say thanks for making sure I have shoes to wear
OR
Thanks for making sure we didn't bounce checks
OR
Thanks for feeding me... and my dog.... and my crab
OR
Thanks for not doing the stuff you really want to do so that you are
ALWAYS there
OR
Thanks for reminding me to bathe
You won't hear that
BUT
if you are really lucky you will have a toddler that screamed for an HOUR
snuggle up with you and you won't even care that you are in the middle of figuring out what is for dinner
OR
you will be able to have a child wrap their arms around you and say
"I LOVE YOU"
OR
your daughter will willingly play with her little brothers for an hour so you can think for 2 seconds
AND
if you are really lucky....
you will survive another day and know it ended better than it started.
So here is to hoping that my day ends better than it started!
:)
1 comment:
Some day your kids will appreciate you. Probably when their own kids are driving them crazy. Better late than never, right?
Post a Comment