I often contemplate if there is any rhyme or reason to why certain things happen. Today I received a phone call that my husband's uncle was killed in a freak car accident in Arizona. He was on his way home from the funeral of Ryan's great-uncle with his wife, two of his sisters, and his brother-in-law when they got a flat tire. He and his brother-in-law were changing the tire when another driver dozed off swerved and hit our uncle, one day before his 56th birthday.
So why? Why him? Why now? One year ago his mother passed away, & now him?
This Uncle was the first member of the family that I met when Ryan & I were dating. He was a genuinely kind man who didn't have a mean bone in his body. He has a beautiful wife, two daughters & two sons and two granddaughters.
I can't even imagine being at family gatherings without him. I know that I have only been a part of this family for such a short time, relatively speaking, but I was effected by his presence in my life- all for the good.
This was not like the last three deaths that we have experienced where the people were elderly and suffered for a long time. This was sudden and so.....shocking. It amazes me how death can be a welcomed friend in one instance and a vile enemy in the next. Even with a knowledge of the life after the meaning for those left behind is often of no comfort or worse completely elusive.
I simply pray that I can be more like he is/was.
3 comments:
I'm sorry for the loss of such a wonderful man.. I was told by my sister deanna....I'm sorry for the horrible accident...I did call and speak to Earl and Janelle... I will keep all of you in our prayers.. We love you.....
I am so sorry for you and your family. That kind of loss is devastating and I pray that some comfort can be found for his wife and children.
I know exactly what you are talking about. I am so sorry for your family and their loss.
Post a Comment