Monday, January 5, 2009

Family History in 2009

So for those of you who didn't know I see dead people. All kidding aside I love family history and genealogy. I love looking for people that are lost and learning who they are/were.
Since I was about 12, maybe even younger, I have been obsessed with finding out who made up me. I still love the work although I am more focused on my kids. Family History is my thing. Like some people enjoy exercising or doing yard work I get consumed with searching for my family's information. I could spend days in the Family History Library in Salt Lake and still not be satisfied that I had found it all.
So to the point. In 2009 I am redoubling my family history efforts. I am going to quiz my grandmothers while I still have them. I am going to help my mother-in-law find those she is missing. I am going to take a trip to SLC just to find dead people. I am going to involve my kids in this so that they know why it is important to me. They may not get the bug but I think that if they understand that this is important to me that they may be just a little more patient with me being on the computer day and night. More importantly I am going to post things I find on my blog until we have the time and money to set up our Family History webpage.
So family if you have questions, ask them. I will post answers, pics and even some brief histories to this site for all to read.

1 comment:

Elicia said...

When you come to Utah, let me know so we can get together!