Monday, September 29, 2008

My Hero...Michael

So in case you didn't know I have been diagnosed with a hip condition (sacro-illiac joint dysfunction) and more recently the family plague of MIGRAINES. Dealing with both of these is no walk in the park but now the migraines are the icing on the cake. They aren't occurring everyday but just enough for me to remember that in no way can I EVER have another baby. ( I was recently told that having babies was like eating chocolates. You either stop, while always wanting one more OR you keep going until you make yourself sick.)
So today I woke up with a migraine. It was AWFUL. I wasn't even sure if I could get Michael to school. Luckily/unfortunately Michael has learned that his mom is a boob and gets debilitated from time to time and he just steps up and gets the job done. Michael fetched my medicine, got James out of bed, helped with breakfast, kept everyone calm and just didn't even complain in the least. MY HERO! What a great boy he is. Poor thing has been taking care of me since he was 2 1/2. But he is such a wonderful helper I could have never made it without his help this morning.

One last thing...after I dropped Michael off at school I noticed that the missionaries were at the church. I knew I needed a blessing if I was going to be able to take care of the remaining three kids by myself all day long. Luckily I was able to get the blessing I needed and boy did it help. No the pain didn't miraculously subside but the comfort was great. I will never cease to be amazed at how the Lord speaks through these men who know little if anything of my thoughts and concerns & gives me peace. I am a VERY lucky woman for many reasons but right now because I have many avenues to persue for help in every aspect of my life. How liberating!

2 comments:

Frances M Larrabee said...

That boy is so smart. Give him a hug from his Aunt Frances... I miss him tons! Love you sis!

Elicia said...

I can't even imagine having a migraine with just one kid, let alone 4! I will keep you in my prayers. May the Lord continue to bless you and keep you. Love ya cuz!