It was the best of times....it was the worst of times.
I think that this line totally sums up 2008 thus far. We have 4 awesome kids who bring us all the joy and happiness we could ask for. Ryan is employed. We have a house-cramped though it may be. After nearly 10 years together Ryan and I still like each other. And for the most part we are all fairly healthy despite my high cholesterol.
HOWEVER....we have been trying to sell our house for nearly 5 1/2 months. We have had 3 deals fall through and we have been waiting since February to get any word back as to whether or not our offer on the other house is accepted by the 2 banks and the owner involved in the whole ordeal.
The juxtaposition of extreme happiness with our little family and the stress of trying to sell, buy and squish into a house that is 2 bedrooms too small is amazing. It is amazing that anyone stays sane through all of this. I know we are not the only one's out there going through this though. Somehow that knowledge makes it all a little bit more bearable.
We have friends who have only had 3 showings in the past 2 months on their home & she is here alone with 4 kiddos. We know others who are financialy strapped, whose kids are sick or who have lost family members. So although I would NEVER choose to go through even this trial- let alone any of the one's my friends are going through- I know it's not really a that important and that hopefully one way or another it will all be ok.
As always I am so grateful that I have so many people who care and are concerned about us. When/if we ever get moved you will all know. We will have a huge BBQ to celebrate- plus we'll need some help to get moved, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment