Friday, October 9, 2009

NOBEL PRIZE a joke

OK I am a bit ticked off -again- at the Nobel Peace prize committee. First off Pres. Obama won the peace prize today. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is a bad man BUT he hasn't even been president a year yet and if Saturday Night Live is saying he has only accomplished "diddly" and "squat" then WHY did he get this peace prize? Is making promises the way that one gets this accolade? I mean seriously if that is all then I promise if I ever become a billionaire I will end worls hunger!!!

This is not the first time that I have been ticked at the committee. When Al Gore won he beat out a woman (Irena Sendler) who smuggled jewish children out of the ghettos in suitcases.

So here I say OPRAH has done more for peace then the current president and I hope that he lives up to this honor.

Just FYI here are some of the past winners:
http://nobelprizes.com/nobel/peace/peace.html

By the way Ghandi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. NEVER won the prize.

Edited on 10/14: Ok so I still don't think thatPres. Obama had earned this prize YET however he was very humble about the situation. Hopefully Norway will get it one day...or not. Whatever!

2 comments:

Frances M Larrabee said...

If I could like your journal entry I would, but since I can't I shall say... I AGREE WITH YOU 100%! What is this world coming to sis?

Steve and Julie said...

Katie - you really don't need to beat around the bush about these things. Just say it like it is next time. At least President Obama was as surprised as you :).